Smoked Cherry Chili Peppers Oil Recipe
Smoked cherry chili peppers take centre stage here. Elevated by the infusion of high-quality olive oil and the distinctive flavour profile of Cluck & Squeal Himalayan Seasoning. The peppers, touched by the smoke, impart a rich, complex flavour profile that is distinct and memorable. The premium olive oil enhances the dish with lush texture and subtle, fruity undertone that complements the sweetness of the cherry peppers. This fusion of earthy smokiness, fruity olive oil, and the Cluck & Squeal signature seasoned salt results in experience that is both bold and refined.
- Approximately half pound cherry chili (or your choice small peppers stems trimmed short and peppers cut lengthwise through the centre of the stem (you may have a little extra do not over crowd when jarring)
- 5 to 7oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil (preferably mild in flavour)
- 1 teaspoon Cluck & Squeal Himalayan Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 clove of fresh garlic sliced lengthwise
- Turn your smoker/oven on low temperature and set at 225-250F and choose your favourite light aromatic wood for smoke flavour (we enjoy oak or sugar maple) This can also be done without infused smoke.
- Place sliced peppers seeds facing down on a mesh cooling rack along with the halved garlic clove.
- Put the cherry chili peppers & garlic in the smoker/oven for 1 to 2 hours depending on your smoker. Pellet grills typically take longer. When the peppers slightly shrink and/or start to wrinkle is when you remove them from the smoker/oven.
- Slice the smoked garlic clove half in as many thinly sliced pieces as possible.
- Transfer to your dehydrator or set your oven to dehydrate mode at 125F/52C for 2 to 4 hours. Do not dehydrate completely, try to achieve 75% dehydration.
- Fill an 8oz glass re-sealable jar half way with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 1 teaspoon of our Cluck & Squeal Himalayan Seasoned Salt. Close the jar tight and shake well to aid in dissolving the salt.
- Place a couple of slices of garlic at the bottom of the jar and start filling with the dehydrated cherry chilli peppers. Add the garlic in layers in between adding the cherry chilli peppers.
- IMPORTANT - be sure to cover the peppers with extra virgin olive oil. I recommend 1/4" above the top of the peppers and use an elastic to wrap around the jar and mark the oil level.
- Turn the completely sealed jar upside down for oil and spices to distribute through the jar. Repeat this step every couple of days.
Dec 12, 2023