Cluck & Squeal Canadian Pork Belly Ribs with Rib Formula and Tasty Hot
Pork Belly Ribs are a custom cut. Don't be afraid to ask your local butcher to cut some for you. Trust us, they are some of the most tender delicious cuts of pork meat you can cook.
- Pork Belly Ribs (Custom cut - see your local butcher)
- Cluck & Squeal Rib Formula + Tasty Hot (if you want a bit of heat)
- A binder for the rub (Optional Avocado or Olive oil or Mustard)
- Pure Canadian Maple Syrup – I prefer AMBER grade (from White Meadow Farms)
- Temperature probe (optional or just use your BBQ senses with a toothpick as a tester)
- Prepare your cook method for indirect heat and set the temperature to around 250°.
- Liberally coat PBR's with Cluck and Squeal Rib Formula Seasoning and BBQ Rub and let dry marinate.
- Place the meat on your cooking method and cook until the internal temperature is around 150-160°
- Once the ribs reach 160° Internal, take them off and wrap them with aluminum foil. Then return to the cooking method until the temperature reaches 175-200°. (Wrapping is not completely necessary, but I feel it helps not only cook it a little quicker but it helps it hold in more moisture and makes the meat that much more tender.)
- Once the ribs reach an internal temperature of around 175-200°, take them cooking method. You can eat them at this point but if you want you can crank the heat and build some bark.
- Remove from the grill, rest, and then dive in! Add a touch of Tasty Hot for that quick touch of heat
TIP: You could make a spiked spicy maple syrup by heating up your maple syrup and adding your choice of Bourbon or Whiskey. Then stir in our TASTY HOT pure chili pepper blend and use this for your finishing baste. It’s fun to experiment, give it a try and let us know how you use our products.
Feb 10, 2023